OT: Apple's New xServe - 1U Rackmount Server/off topic

Eric D. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 5 11:06:06 2002

on 5/6/02 12:36, dylan at iici@mac.com wrote:
> on 02.6.4 10:42 PM, Robert Brandtjen at rob@prometheusmedia.com wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 04 June 2002 09:08 pm, dylan wrote:
>>> i rest my case - arrogance defined.
>>
>> that wasn't meant for the list - not sure how it got there.
>>
>> Now, Dylan, tell me why? middle america is empty - as is most of the former
>> soviet union and Australia. Unless you have travled through there, and not
>> merely flown over it, you wouldnt have a clue.
>
> again it is not about the ridiculous nonsense you write about -- it is your
> know it all - the other person is and idiot - classic american tone.

Which is a bit scary to consider is that he's of Belgian extraction
(probably... or else, southern Netherlands). Then again, non-Native
Americans did have to come from somewhere ;). It's the classic American
tone, but, it's certainly not the opinion of the Americans I know (& they're
familiar with the literature... they ain't computer guys (that's for sure
!@$#!@#!@#... you'd think I was a computer tech at times and not a
biologist)). Or, for that matter, the classic American tone of those that I
know (of course, they are the ones that have escaped from the US ;).

As for the land thing... why is this (now 1 month old dead thread) being
revived. I received an e-mail in response to something I wrote aeons ago.
Yes, there's a lot of barren land, but that's the point, it's *barren*. You
can't do a whole hell of a lot with land that is either infertile or has
been rendered so by human activity (same applies to mined substances. They
don't magically re-appear like in mythology).

As for his using a Mac... I'm not entirely sure *why* he's using YDL. He has
a pretty profound dislike for Apple's OSes & waxes philosophically about the
lower cost of setting up a high-quality, fast Lintel box for a fraction of
the cost of doing so with an Apple manufactured Macintosh. Oh well, "to each
his own".