Time discrepancy between ydl 2.2 & OS X

Etienne Beaule yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 6 08:24:01 2002

I ran into a weird problem lately...

I hosed my OS X with a bad iMate driver (from Griffin) and instead of=20
trying to fix it, I reinstalled everything (after trying all the usual=20=

trick to fix it - including zapping the PRAM). After I reinstalled OS X=20=

and reconfigured open firmware (so I get to choose which OS I want to=20
boot at startup with yaboot), I noticed that the time displayed in linux=20=

is not the same as the time displayed in OS X (one is about 4-5 hours=20
off). I checked the time zone, and then reset the time under linux=20
(since it was OK under OS X). Then, after booting into Mac OS X, time=20
was off...

I didn't yet find a way to configure the time so both linux and OS X=20
show the right time (it's always one or the other). Anyone has an idea=20=

how to fix this?!?

=C9tienne