Enabling "Liquid" theme after download?

Marc Stergionis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 6 13:22:01 2002

At sometime around 12:50 PM -0400 on 6/6/02, Christopher Murtagh wrote thus:
>On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Marc Stergionis wrote:
>>checking for Qt... configyreL error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.2) (library qt-mt)
>>not found. Please check your installation!
>
>  Ahh yes. You need to install Qt 3. I have it on my mirror, but I can't
>seem to find it on Terra Soft's site. Fetch everything from this dir:
>
>  http://open.mcgill.ca/ydl/software/kde3.0.1/
>
>  into a dir such as /root/kde3.0.1/
>
>  then cd /root/kde3.0.1/
>
>  and rpm -Uvh *.rpm

Thank you!

Downloaded from Chris' mirror and tried to run the update

... I get a *huge* number of unmet dependencies.

If I randomly try to "satisfy" one, like

yup update freetype2devel

I get a long list of

Warning: Multiple entries found in rpm database --
kdebase-6:3.0.0-2b and kdebase-6:2.2.2-1c

Performing dependencies sanity check ...
Error: Unable to satisfy dependency libmcop.so.0 for package kdelibs-sound

When I try yup install libmcop.so.0

I get the same run of warnings and the libmcop.so.0/kdelibs-sound error.

This was updating from KDE3 to your 3.01.

... after previously having updated from YDL 2.2's default KDE2 install.

Ironically
--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis