Enabling "Liquid" theme after download?

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 6 13:35:00 2002

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Marc Stergionis wrote:
>Downloaded from Chris' mirror and tried to run the update
>
>... I get a *huge* number of unmet dependencies.

 Ack... I think this might have been bad advice on my part. Sorry! I just
checked my own desktop machine (which is the mirror btw). It turns out I
don't have 3.0.1 installed either, and I get the same dependancies
problems (and no time at the moment to work them out). So, I've put the
older kde3.0 rpms here:

http://open.mcgill.ca/ydl/software/kde3.0/

and follow the instructions on the HOW-TO on the YDL page:

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_2.2/kde3.shtml

 I haven't tried the --replace-files option, I deleted the RPMs before
hand (the second option).

 NOTE: Since you already have KDE3 installed, you probably just need the
Qt RPMS for liquid.

 Then all should be fine to compile and install.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh