Enabling "Liquid" theme after download?

Marc Stergionis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 6 14:32:01 2002

At sometime around 3:35 PM -0400 on 6/6/02, Christopher Murtagh wrote thus:
>On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Marc Stergionis wrote:
>>Downloaded from Chris' mirror and tried to run the update
>>
>>... I get a *huge* number of unmet dependencies.
>
>  Ack... I think this might have been bad advice on my part. Sorry! I just
>checked my own desktop machine (which is the mirror btw). It turns out I
>don't have 3.0.1 installed either, and I get the same dependancies
>problems (and no time at the moment to work them out). So, I've put the
>older kde3.0 rpms here:
>
>http://open.mcgill.ca/ydl/software/kde3.0/
>
>and follow the instructions on the HOW-TO on the YDL page:
>
>http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_2.2/kde3.shtml
>
>  I haven't tried the --replace-files option, I deleted the RPMs before
>hand (the second option).
>
>  NOTE: Since you already have KDE3 installed, you probably just need the
>Qt RPMS for liquid.
>
>  Then all should be fine to compile and install.

I ended up moving the 8 qt files into their own directory.

When I go to

cd /root/qt
rpm -Uvh *.rpm

the failed dependencies are
liblcms.so.1 is needed by qt3-3.0.4-4
freetype2-devel is needed by qt2-devel-3.0.4-4
mesaglut-devel is needed by qt2-devel-3.0.4-4
xdevel is needed by qt2-devel-3.0.4-4
xdevel is needed by qt2-devel-doc-3.0.4-4
libclms.so.1 is needed by qt3-non--mt-3.0.4-3

trying to 'yup install xdevel' or any of the other missing files
always seems to bring  back the proverbial (for this process) error
"unable to satisfy dependency libmcop.so.0 for package kdelibs-sound"

I could not seem to find any of these 5 files scrounging around on
the mirrors ...

-ms

--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis