Enabling "Liquid" theme after download?

Marc Stergionis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 7 08:46:01 2002

At sometime around 6:45 PM -0400 on 6/6/02, Christopher Murtagh wrote thus:
>On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Marc Stergionis wrote:
>>cd /root/qt
>>rpm -Uvh *.rpm
>>
>>the failed dependencies are
>>liblcms.so.1 is needed by qt3-3.0.4-4
>>freetype2-devel is needed by qt2-devel-3.0.4-4
>>mesaglut-devel is needed by qt2-devel-3.0.4-4
>>xdevel is needed by qt2-devel-3.0.4-4
>>xdevel is needed by qt2-devel-doc-3.0.4-4
>>libclms.so.1 is needed by qt3-non--mt-3.0.4-3
>
>  Ok, these are two different types of dependencies. This one:
>
>libclms.so.1 is needed by qt3-non--mt-3.0.4-3
>
>  seems like you are missing something that provides libclms.so.1.
>Although, I can't find any reference to it anywhere. Are you sure you
>don't mean liblcms.so.1? None of these files that I have in the kde3
>directory seem to provide liblcms or libclms though. I tried this:
>
>rpm -ql `ls -1 | perl -i -pe 's/^(.*).ppc.rpm$/\1/g'` | grep 'libclms'
>
>  in that directory and got nothing. (although I really like that command).
>
>These ones:
>
>freetype2-devel is needed by qt2-devel-3.0.4-4
>mesaglut-devel is needed by qt2-devel-3.0.4-4
>xdevel is needed by qt2-devel-3.0.4-4
>
>mean that you have freetype2-devel, mesaglut-devel and xdevel installed
>and they all need Qt2. So you might be able to uninstall them (rpm -e
>freetype2-devel, etc).
>
>Check and see if you have qt3-non--mt installed as well (I don't have it
>on my machine, and I have kde3, qt3 and liquid). If so, try deleting it
>and then the rpm -Uvh *.rpm

Hmmmm doing "rpm -e" for those files all result in "freetype2-devel
is not installed" up to and including "qt3-non--mt is not installed"

I also get "application kcminit crashed and caused the signal 11"
whenever I start X either as User or root.

kicker also crashes on starting X, but only for root, not for user.

Once I get into X (close the error window), I can't open kmail
(crash, signal 11), kword, kspread, kpresenter (all signal 11's), but
kate will open and knode ... haven't done an exhaustive trial, but
seems the KDE install is pretty shakey ... maybe time to think about
reinstalling?

-ms
--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis