iPod...

will taggart yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 9 14:26:01 2002

>From what I understand, the iPod is simply a 10GB drive with a 1394 port on
it. I think that it should be possible to partition it with ext2 AND hfs+. I
also want to be able to use it with a Sun Blade 100 if at all possible
(running Solaris 8). Of course reading an HFS partition is not that hard
under linux, contrary to what one of the posters wrote. Using hpmount and
hpcd is easy under YDL. Maybe someone else with experience using external
Firewire drives could offer some advice. It would be nice to walk around
with all my data in my pocket.

will