G4 867 2.4.19-pre10 BenH tree ad kernel panic

man0negra yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 9 14:19:01 2002

hi,

i have an 867 Mhz G4 with yellowdog 2.2. i decided to update the kernel
from 2.4.16 self-compiled to the latest stable benh kernel
(2.4.19-pre10), considered it seems to have better nvidia geforce 2 MX
support. I configured it in the same way i compiled my 2.4.16 kernel
andit compiled without problems. After that i rebooted and it started,
but, after having loaded the USB support it went into a kernel panic.
I have no way to report here all the messages i get, anyway i recompiled
the kernel trying time after time to leave some things out of the
kernel, but no way to go, it always freezes. I even tried to compile it
without usb support at all, but always get the same kernel panic.
The task that goes into panic seems to be "swapper".
Anyone with similar problem? any solutions?