Ethernet lost

Marc Stergionis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 9 11:23:01 2002

I have YDL2.2 on an 8600 upgraded to G4. The setup worked fine with
network ethernet access (cablemodem/router) yesterday morning. Later
in the day, I had no internet access.

I went into Newtork Configuration panel in the KDE environment and it
said "a DHCP server did not respond." But that was how it was
configured before.

I tried Bootp, no luck.

I booted in MacOS and I had total access under DHCP (both OS9.1 and OS X).

I tried entering the IP info provided by the DHCP server into YDL's
network config as a static IP address. Still no luck.

What gives??

-ms
--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis -- Community Relations & website author