2.2 install on B/W G3 freezes at setup_arch:bootmem

Timothy A. Seufert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 9 16:34:01 2002

At 1:18 PM -0700 6/9/02, A R wrote:

>I have a dd'ed disk image of YDL 2.2 (the way I like
>it) on the hard disk of the Mac that can't boot YDL
>2.2
>(with the 2.4 kernel).
>Can I do a kernel downgrade (or upgrade), leaving the
>rest of YDL 2.2 (and my customizations) pretty much
>intact?
>
>What do you think of the feasibility of this plan?

Provided that kernels other than the YDL 2.2 kernel function on that
machine, it should work OK.  Since YDL 2.2 uses a 2.4 series kernel
by default, it would be best to get (or compile) a 2.4 series kernel.
--
Tim Seufert