yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #225 - 12 msgs

Don Montalvo yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 10 12:03:15 2002

DAMN...you beat me to the punch! It does work, and well. We used this
tecnique in OS9 for years (yes, us Macintosh Systems Administrators
have tools similar to Windows and Linux) and I'm begging to use it in
OSX.

...but...you still have the issue of license cost, which is where
Linux beats OSX. Linux is free, which is enough to keep people away
from OSX. For universities, where there isn't a whole lot of money to
go around, there really is no choice. Linux is THE choice.

I've been a Mac techie for a few years now, a MacSysAdmin for the
past two. I learned the hard way that if you're going to admin dozens
to hundreds or even thousands of Macs, you need to do it efficently.

I'm a big fan of NetOctopus, but since FileScripter isn't being
developed anymore I'm looking into FileWave for global
updates/upgrades/installs/configuration changes.

Don, NYC