Downgrading to php 4.06

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 10 20:55:01 2002

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, bronto wrote:
>Am I to understand then that the instructions below include mod_php for
>the new version, or is that not version specific?  Do I have to
>uninstall my current versions before doing this?

 The instructions should work with any version of PHP and any Apache < 2.0
(there isn't any PHP support for 2.0 anyway). You probably want to
uninstall any PHP/Apache RPMs before you do this. They shouldn't conflict
(as long as you don't try to start both), but you'll likely have two
different versions which can be confusing when you want to configure them.

>How does compiling my own affect the package manager?

 It doesn't at all. So if you try to install RPMs that need Apache,
they'll think that Apache is not installed. IMHO, in most cases, you're
probably better off getting the source yourself for these packages anyway.

 Also, when I said this:

>>(NOTE --with-mysql, --with-pgsql, --with-ldap are optional and you might
>>not want/need them. There are many other options, check which ones you
>>want/need here: http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.configure.php)

 I might not have been clear enough. The --with-pgsql, --with-mysql lines
will not work if you don't have Postgres or MySQL installed, and
--with-ldap requires that you have openldap and openldap-devel installed.
You might not need any of these. Make sure to read the output of the
./configure to be sure there weren't any errors before trying make and
make install.

Cheers,

Chris

--