Looking for: Cross Platform Application Development Tool

Matthew 'Fringe' Duhan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 10 23:44:01 2002

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Chris Ruprecht wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm looking for a tool which lets me develop commercial applications,
>fast. I would use RealBasic, but there is no port for Linux, and I need
>the application to work on Windoze, MacOS X and Linux (YDL & RedHat
>alike). I don't mind, recompiling on each platform (unlike RealBasic,
>which generates Windows code under MacOS) as I have a machine for each
>platform available.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Best regards,
>Chris

Chris,
  Have you looked into Revolution (http://www.runrev.com) at all? It's
similar in many ways to HyperCard/MetaCard, and has been compared to
RealBasic in terms of functionality. The nice thing about it is that you can
compile it for MacOS9, MacOS X, Windows, and Linux/Unix (many flavors)
simultaneously, without needing platforms for each (though some of the
button design helps to be tested on the platforms you choose). In addition,
for smaller apps the Starter Kit is free to use. No affiliation, just
passing along the info.

Sincerely,
Matt
Matthew Duhan         fringe@shore.net          http://www.fringenet.net
When I want my opinions I'll ask me for them.
WWW, HTML, VR, MOO, HRSFA, TMBG, DNA--any more initials and I'll go insane
This house used to ring with the laughter of the sick.   -- The Nerd