Kernel configuration problem with IBM Java

Pietro yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 11 07:10:00 2002

I want to run IBM Java 1.3.1 in my PowerMac G4/400, and i have YDL 2.2.
To do it, i compile my kernel to use SMP but when run Java2demo the
monitor appear nd show this message:

kernel bug at page_alloc.c:2231

I have no problem when run in a G3 machine with this kernel.

On the other side, when i configure the kernel with ethernet BMAC as
loadable module, java runs fine in G4 but BMAC is not loaded at the but
time and I must to use insmod comand for use ethernet card, no big
problem but once a time Apache crashed before insmod was executed.  Any
idea?.

Pietro