X problems with Apple's new 667mhz Powerbook

will taggart yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 11 12:25:01 2002

OK-- I actually used the (linux-benh-devel-2.4.18-pre4-ben0.tar.gz) kernel
with YDL 2.1 for my powerbook and it worked. Although you have a more recent
version, I would think that it would work also. Did you play around with
Xconfigurator? X will only work with certain settings; I think that mine
works in 24 bit mode with 1024X768 or something like that. I forget which
monitor I chose, I think it was the Powerbook... Give that a try...if not,
you can download the earlier kernel either from ppckernel.org or from me
directly at
http://comp.uark.edu/~wtaggar/linux-benh-devel-2.4.18-pre4-ben0.tar.gz

PS: I suggest that you turn off Stuffit Expander or it will try to unarchive
the kernel, which you don't want (that is, if you are using OS X to
download).

But like I said, playing with your Xconfigurator settings should get you
there with the kernel you have. Make sure to try that first.

Trust me, when you see K running for the first time it will be worth all
this trouble.

will