YDL 2.2 & 800 TiBook XFree86 config possible solution

nicman yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 11 13:48:01 2002

Arvydas,
Your right, it does seem like we have the same problem. Though, I'm not sure
whether it's a kernel or driver issue with the new Powerbooks. I've tried
Mandrake 8.2 PPC and have the same problem getting X configured. In no way
would I call myself expereinced with Linux. I've learned more about
XF86Config-4 than I ever wanted to know in the past couple days.

The instructions for installing new kernels from ppckernel.org are pretty
good. They step you through the whole process. I'm still hopeful that someone
can point me in the right direction.

Jim Paradis
mailto:nicman@newsguy.com

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:52:43 -0400
From: "Arvydas Svalbonas" <ASVALBONAS@Haponline.org>
To: <yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
Subject: Re: YDL 2.2 & 800 TiBook XFree86 config possible solution

--=_93CFA5CE.9DFC8054

Will:

Thanks for the suggestion. Since Jim (nicman@newsguy.com) and I are =
experiencing exactly the same issue "X problems with Apple's new (667 or =
800)MHz Powerbook" and he had no success with the new kernel I'll safely =
assume that his results are applicable to me. I believe Jim has much more =
experience troubleshooting Linux than myself.
I will keep my attention to Jim's posts so that you do not need to respond =
to the same issue twice. I appreciate your assistance. I know once a =
solution is found I will have to inquire with either yourself or Jim how =
to configure it correctly. Thanks.