Time discrepancy between ydl 2.2 & OS X

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 12 10:36:01 2002

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Geert Janssens wrote:
>In order to set time correctly, the system tries to read from
>/usr/share/locale to figure out your timezone. Thus if /usr is not
>mounted, it won't find your timezone. I assume the system falls back
>then to the default timezone, which is likely to be the incorrect one.

 Another thing to check:

 Have a look at /etc/localtime

 my file is a symlink to my time zone.

 /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Montreal

 You can see this by typing ls -l /etc/localtime

 Make sure that this is pointing to your correct timezone. You can change
it this way (which would set it to parisian time):

 rm /etc/locatime
 ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Paris localtime

 To see which timzones are available, try this:

 ls /usr/share/zoneinfo/

 and /usr/share/zoneinfo/<insert your area here>/

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh