X won't start after upgrading XFree86...

John Nelson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 12 17:33:00 2002

All,

This is odd.  I just upgraded my YDL 2.1 system to YDL 2.2, upgraded to
the latest XFree86 (with xinitrc, etc), KDE 3.0 and ran Xconfigurator
successfully.  Now I start up X and it bombs out with the following:

Could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!

The console also shows an error about cpp0 not existing.

Alright so I rebooted the system and the system locks up at the multiuser
prompt.  Looks like I might have module/kernel issues now.  But does
anyone recognize the above issue with unix/:7100 and cpp0?

-- John