Downgrading to php 4.06 - errors

Keary Suska yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 14 13:43:01 2002

on 6/14/02 1:00 PM, bronto@csd-bes.net purportedly said:

> Syntax error on line 222 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into server:
> /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so: undefined symbol:
> gss_nt_service_name
> /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>
> The 'nt service name' seems strange since this is linux, but I'm
> guessing that I need to supply a path to imap.  I'm using
> courier-imap, but really don't know what I'm looking for in a path.
> Path to imapd?

This symbol is part of GSSAPI, usually used for Kerberos authentication. If
either of the services you are including (ldap, imap, pgsql, etc.) were
compiled with Kerberos support, there may be a problem there. I have heard
of issues with IMAP builds that have Kerberos support. In these cases you
usually need to specify the --with-kerberos build option for IMAP/Kerb
support.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.