YDL 2.2 and PPC 7500

Mark Walker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 15 09:35:01 2002

My hard drive is not an "Apple" drive (Western Digital Enterprise 9.1 GB
ultra fast wide SCSI-3) and drive setup will not partition it or format it.
I did format it using FBW's Hard Disk ToolKit PE version 3.0.2, as the
install guide said it was unable to work from an un-partitioned or formatted
disk.
I used the YDL setup to partition the drive into 10MB boot, 256MB swap and
6883 MB ext2.
Looking at the partition, after my latest failure, in FBW Hard Disk shows:
Type - Apple_UNIX_SVR2, Size- 262145 KB (swap)
Type - Apple_UNIX_SVR2, size - 7047835 KB (ext2)
Type - Apple_Bootstrap, size - 10241 KB (boot)

As far as making sure if the are formatted and mounted correctly, I'm
relying on YDL installer to do that.  If I could get what the mount points
should be, I can try to set them manually