YDL 2.2 and PPC 7500

Rob Schumann yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 15 09:08:01 2002

Hi,

On 15-06-2002 Mark Walker wrote:

 > The problem that prior to finishing
 > installing, I get an error message stating a Segmentation
 > Fault occurred and to reboot.  This can occur during initial
 > setup, formatting the partitions (on the 9.1 GB drive: 10MB
 > boot, 256 Swap, and 6883 ext2.  1.5 is for the Mac OS) or
 > while installing the packages.

I seem to recall something similar. Are you sure (200%) that you are

1) Partitioning correctly and
2) Mounting those partitions.

I had to go back to drive setup and re-establish a completely fresh partition table for the ext2 partitions... I was able to elave the HFS side of things untouched. After doing that and being damn sure to "format" these partions during the YDL 2.2 install and then being damned sure that they were mounted, all progressed nominally.

This on a 7500 with a Dual 604e (225MHz) upgrade from Newer in it and some 96 MBytes RAM and HUGE swap space (256MBytes)

Hope this helps...

Rob