YDL 2.2 and PPC 7500

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 15 11:45:01 2002

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Mark Walker wrote:
>You mean YDL 2.2 needs more that 6.8 GB of HD space?

 No, not at all. You can install the developer package on a machine with
only 4GB of HD space easily. Here is my desktop machine (which is also a
server):

[chris@kali chris]$ df -h
/dev/hda12            3.9G  2.4G  1.3G  65% /
/dev/hda14             26G   13G   12G  50% /home
/dev/hda13            3.9G  110M  3.6G   3% /usr/local

 The /home partition is only as big as it is because it is also a mirror
for YDL (open.mcgill.ca), and I'm storing logs and other stuff there as
well. So, if you are using your 6.8 GB drive, make your '/' partion 3.8
GB, then you can make /home 3GB and have plenty of space (until you start
ripping mp3s). If your root partition ('/') is too small, this could cause
the installer to barf.

Cheers,

Chris

--