KDE3 & apt-get issue

nicman yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 16 14:40:01 2002

Hi,
I've installed KDE3 recently now when I try to run apt-get upgrade I get the
following message.

[root@localhost xdm]# apt-get --no-remove upgrade
Processing File Dependencies... Done
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
  kdebase: Depends: /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess but it is not installable
           Depends: /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers but it is not installable
           Depends: /etc/X11/xdm/Xwilling but it is not installable
           Depends: /etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0 but it is not installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

If I don't use the --no-remove parameter with apt-get (apt-get -f install), it
will erase kdebase along with alot of other kde rpms. I checked my
/etc/X11/xdm directory. The four files listed above are present with root as
the owner. Anyone have any ideas why I'm getting this message from apt-get?
(BTW I'm running YDL2.2)

thanks,

Jim Paradis
mailto:nicman@newsguy.com