Yellowdog installer just blew away my disk...

Pete Peters yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 19 13:12:01 2002

John, I feel your pain and (basically) agree with you. OTH, I think I've
only read a couple posts of people successfully (i.e., minimal problems)
upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2. The best one was how-to save your existing
settings and data, then basically do a clean install.

I have read many, many posts of one problem after another. Can you upgrade
from 2.1 to 2.2? Yes. Good idea? From the horror stories that have been
posted, I don't think so. Again, that's my opinion.

Also, realize that no matter what PPC distros you try (Debian, MkLinux,
SuSE, Mandrake, Gentoo, Slackintosh, etc.), each of them is going to have
their own quirks and issues for you to deal with.

Are we having fun yet?

Pete
*** direct all flames to /dev/null ***