PHP & mySQL

Blake Skinner yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 22 19:52:01 2002

--Apple-Mail-1--754665083

The default install of PHP included with YDL does not function properly
when MySQL or Postgresql calls are made to it. All the problems lie in
the php.ini file so open this file in your favorite editor and search
for "extension_dir".
Change the line to:
	extension_dir = /usr/lib/php4

Next, search for extension until you come to the following section:
	;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
	; Dynamic Extensions ;
	;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
	;

insert the following:

	; Unix Extensions
	extension=imap.so
	extension=ldap.so
	extension=odbc.so
	extension=pgsql.so
	extension=mysql.so

Finally, restart httpd (service httpd restart)

On Saturday, June 22, 2002, at 06:34  PM, Zack wrote:

> I get an odd error message in when I attempt to use mysql_connect in a
> php script:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
> /home/sherlock/public_html/newsite/blah2.php on line 16
>
> Here is my php code, which has worked on other servers before:
>
> <?php
> // Set the variables for the database access:
> $Host = "localhost";
> $User = "root";
> $Password = "<not displayed";
> $DBName = "sherlock";
> $TableName = "property";
>
> $Link = mysql_connect ($Host, $User, $Password) or die( mysql_error() );
> $Query = "SELECT * from $TableName";
> $Result = mysql_db_query ($DBName, $Query, $Link) or die
> ( mysql_error() );
> ?>
>

> To install Apache, mySQL, & PHP, I used "apt-get install apache mysql
> php" which downloaded and installed the appropriate packages.
>
> I have enabled mysql support in both php.ini and httpd.conf.
>
> All other PHP functions, including writing to a text file, seem to
> function just fine.
>
> I have even reinstalled Apache, mySQL & PHP.
>
> Anyone have any idea why mysql_connect AND mysql_pconnect would return
> as an undefined function? Its as if PHP has no idea what a mysql
> database is, even though it has built in support for it.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated, and I thank you in advance.
>
> And yes, this is running on Yellow Dog Linux 2.2
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Z
>

> --
> _____________________
> I feel more like I do right now than I did a while ago.

> Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
> http://shopnow.netscape.com/

> http://webmail.netscape.com/

--Apple-Mail-1--754665083

included with YDL does not function properly when MySQL or Postgresql
calls are made to it. All the problems lie in the php.ini file so open
this file in your favorite editor and search for "extension_dir".

Change the line to:

	extension_dir = /usr/lib/php4

Next, search for extension until you come to the following section:

	;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

	; Dynamic Extensions ;

	;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

	;

insert the following:

	; Unix Extensions

	extension=imap.so

	extension=ldap.so

	extension=odbc.so

	extension=pgsql.so

	extension=mysql.so

Finally, restart httpd (service httpd restart)<bigger>

</bigger></fontfamily>

<excerpt>I get an odd error message in when I attempt to use
mysql_connect in a php script:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
/home/sherlock/public_html/newsite/blah2.php on line 16

Here is my php code, which has worked on other servers before:

<<?php

// Set the variables for the database access:

$Host = "localhost";

$User = "root";

$Password = "<<not displayed";

$DBName = "sherlock";

$TableName = "property";

$Link = mysql_connect ($Host, $User, $Password) or die( mysql_error()
);