YDL 2.2 Install on external Firewire drive on TiBook 667 - How?

JHSJ yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 24 08:43:00 2002

I have found firewire to be virtually unusable in linux (Yellowdog or
otherwise).
I could get the devices to mount (eventually, and sporadically) but (for
example) cp or mv something large to the firewire drive, or from one
partition to another and it would lock up.  The drivers just aren't
ready (as of about 1 month ago--even when I compiled the latest kernels,
benh's source, kernel.org and ppckernel.org sources, etc)

I would be thrilled if you let me know about your progress.

Jeff