I'm confused...

Stephen Reiach yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 25 22:10:01 2002

On Tuesday 25 June 2002 03:32, Lee Creighton wrote:
> When I last got YDL, there was an iso image that I could copy onto a CD=
=2E
> So, I have 2.2 up, running, and happy.
>
> I now see the new release, but all I can find are the "original" files.=
 But
> I'm now over my head -- how do I make a bootable CD from it? I copied a=
ll
> the files onto a CD (the ones in the ppc directory), but it won't boot =
> it.
>
> So I guess my question is, if I download the 700MB of files, what do I =
do
> with them? I can't imagine I have to rpm each one.

You also have the option to use apt-get to upgrade the distro.  I think t=
his=20
is the best way.  Other then buying the CD of course. To do this:

Add:
rpm http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog apt/2.3 main extra extra2=
=20
rpm-src http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog apt/2.3 main

rpm http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog apt/2.2 update
rpm-src http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog apt/2.2 update

to your /etc/apt/sources.list file.

The as root "apt-get update"
Then "apt-get dist-upgrade"

Then apt-get will download and install all the rpms and updates that you =
need=20
to upgrade your distro.  Worked pefectly for me.

Stephen Reiach