Is LVM supported in YDL 2.1, 2.2 or 2.3?

Eddie Bindt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 26 11:55:01 2002

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Peter A. Castro wrote:

> Hi All,
>   We have some old systems running LinuxPPC 1999 that we want to upgrade
> to YDL.  At the same time we want to add more disk to these systems and
> create some very large filesystems (~100Gb).  To do this, we'll need
> something like LVM.
>   I've been searching the YDL email archives and the list of packages
> provided with YDL 2.1, 2.2 or 2.3, but I can't seem to determine if LVM
> is supported/provided or not.  Is LVM bundled with YDL or do I need to go
> grab the packages myself and build 'em?  If it's already provided in 2.3,
> I'll go order a copy right now.

Peter,

I use LVM for a while on my ANS ... It runs a (sort of) standard YDL 2.3
kernel/distro  and a couple of RPMS to manage LVM ... I don't know if they
are in the distro, but I found it easy to add ...

Eddie