Qmail

Konstantin Riabitsev yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 26 19:00:00 2002

--=-MTfR8f7roYFQVaZ5DLs6

On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 17:47, Konstantin Riabitsev wrote:
> It should "just work", but I've never tried it on ydl. Let me know if
> you run into any problems and I'll actually try it when I get home to my
> TiBook. :)

Ok, so it didn't "just work" for two reasons -- there is no package
called "redhat-release" and %{_sysconfdir} is for some reason pointing
to /usr/etc (I'd like to know why!). ;) So I built the RPM's for anyone
willing:

http://www.dulug.duke.edu/~icon/RPMS/ppc/

These are built on YDL-2.2. I'm not sure if they will work on YDL-2.3,
depends on whether YDL-2.3 implements the alternatives system, similar
to RHL-7.3. To install:

rpm -e --nodeps sendmail sendmail-cf

(the --nodeps flag, although very dangerous, is necessary in this case
because nearly everything depends on sendmail. That's the whole reason
why 7.3 implemented alternatives).

Then edit /etc/qmail/control/.qmail-root and put one line there with the
e-mail address of the person who should be getting all root e-mail. Then
run:

service qmail start

SMTP is working via xinetd, so you will have to make sure xinetd is
enabled. You might have to run "service xinetd reload" to enable smtp.=20

With other questions, like enabling selective relaying, look at
"lifewithqmail" and other resources, including the doc for RHL systems
here: http://qvcs-guide.sf.net/

Regards,
--=20
 0>  Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev