firewire cd-rw

Mark T. Valites yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 27 12:55:00 2002

I'd like to share an sharp-looking site with some excellent information
for yd/ ppc users.  I originally found it when searching the archives for
how to burn using an external firewire drive.  (It's in the italics at
this url:

http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/yellowdog-general/October01/0367.html)

The url with the good info is at:

http://www.thecodefactory.org/neillm/yellowdog.php3#cdburning

Perhaps I was thinking too much, but since I didn't see any firewire-scsi
emulation in the kernel config, I didn't think I'd have too much luck
getting cdrecord --scanbus to pick up the cd-rw.  Load three modules
(iee1394, ohci1394 & sbp2) & it just goes.  I didn't even have ide-scsi as
a module (does yd-2.2's 2.4.18-0.9a have it statically built?)

Now I just have eclipt roaster to install & I'll be happy as hell.
(ftp://eclipt.uni-klu.ac.at/pub/projects/eroaster)
If you burn in linux, you need this program.

Thanks for the excellent site Neill!!

Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst
1 College Circle - 124b1 South Hall