firewire cd-rw

JHSJ yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 27 13:07:00 2002

On Thursday, June 27, 2002, at 01:56 PM, Mark T. Valites wrote:

> Load three modules
> (iee1394, ohci1394 & sbp2) & it just goes.  I didn't even have ide-scsi
> as
> a module (does yd-2.2's 2.4.18-0.9a have it statically built?)

Thanks for the links.
I have had similar success with firewire hard drives.  Load the same
three modules, in the proper order, and the drives show up.  The only
problem is that as I began to actually use my firewire drives, the
kernel would panic, or the whole machine would lock tight.
FWIW, I had two 160G Maxtor firewire drives that gave me these
problems.  If anyone has had success with these drives in linux, please
let me know.  I'm afraid I'm going to be using Darwin, which supports
these drives, until linux has proper firewire support for them.

Jeff