PHP not connecting to MySQL while installing PostNuke

Marcelo Pena yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 27 21:31:01 2002

Hi

I've installed a fresh install of Yeoow Dog Linux 2.2 and I'm trying to
install PostNuke on it. Apache and PHP seem to be working OK. I've been
through the list archives and added this to /etc/php.ini

extension_dir = /usr/lib/php4

And

extension = mysql.so

I then restarted httpd.

During the PostNuke install (done through PHP web pages) I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect() in
/var/www/html/pn_714/html/install/newinstall.php on line 36

Line 36 of the file quoted above looks like this:
        mysql_pconnect($dbhost, $dbuname, $dbpass);

I don't know enough to know if this is a PHP problem or a MySQL problem. Any
ideas?