PHP not connecting to MySQL while installing PostNuke

Marcelo Pena yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 28 01:21:01 2002

I think I may have found my answer.

It appears that the version of PHP in YDL is not compiled correctly for
MySQL support. I found the following at this page:
http://www.mysqldeveloper.com/faqs/index.pcgi?id=27

Why do I get Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect() in my
.php files?
It sounds like your php was never compiled to handle mysql, To use php+mysql
you need to compile php with the --with-mysql option when you configure.
Like ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql etc..

If this is true, then why have the YDL developers decided to do this? Is
there a way that I can use rpm to update PHP to a version that supports
MySQL?

Seems like a MAJOR oversight to me.