Gone Paranoid: private IP to public IP!!

Pat Plummer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 29 16:15:01 2002

--Apple-Mail-1--162875812

On Saturday, June 29, 2002, at 09:38 , Juan Manuel Palacios
<jmpalacios@mac.com> wrote:
> 	So my question here is, what security checks should I perform on my
> server to find all potential open holes? What security measures should I
> take? What are the obvious steps an intruder would take to find holes
> and how can I circumvent that? In short, what are the basic things I
> should do to calm down the paranoia-driven thought that I might be
> getting hacked right now?!

Juan:

Have a look at http://freshmeat.net/projects/trinityos/ . David Ranch
has done an excellent job at outlining how to create a manageable, yet
secure Linux system. I recommend it highly even though you might not
include everything he suggests in your own setup.

Pat