(SOLVED) PHP not connecting to MySQL while installing PostNuke

Marcelo Pena yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 29 22:50:01 2002

After uninstalling, mysql, php and apache, then reinstalling and
reconfiguring I found my problem.

The default php.ini files has a commented line like this:
;    extension=msql.so

I had uncommented that line, but it wasn't until I spent hours trying to
figure out my problem that I realised that there is a "y" missing. After
uncommenting and adding the y the line now looks like this:
extension = mysql.so

That has fixed my problem. I should have noticed the "y" misssing but it's
easy to overlook one character. Thanks to those who helped. I learnt a lot
in the process, so all is not wasted. I now have a happy Yellow Puppy server
running PostNuke.