using ximian with ydl2.1?

Joe Buczek yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 30 22:32:01 2002

--- r may <mayro@earlham.edu> wrote:
> Give red-carpet a try,  it should be a good experience (and a
> little
> effort).  Red-carpet will recognize YDL 2.0-2.2.   Ximian gnome
> will
> work on YDL 1.1 and 1.2 but I can't remember exactly what I did.
> think I had to install the rpms from the LinuxPPC-2000 folder off
> their
> ftp site.  I never really had any problems as long as I had all
> the
> dependencies in place.

   [  snip  ]

I just did s Ximian red carpet install on 2.1, and it found I had
to manually uninstall ("rpm -e") the Gimp developer package before
red carpet would work. There were apparant conflicts with the
version of Gimp it wanted to install and it apparantly didn't check
for or remove the older developer package.

I installed Ximinan to get gnucash since the dependencies for it
were insane. It was easier to install Ximian than manually track
down all the dependencies gnucash needed.

YMMV,
--Joe