multiple linux installs

Mark T. Valites yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 29 08:28:01 2002

I have been an x86 linux user for the last couple years.  At the beginning
of my current job, I received one of the first edition ti-books for work.
After a lot of pain of trying to get debian-ppc (started with
potatoe-2.2 rev 3) on it, I just recently gave up for the time being &
installed yellow dog-2.1.

First off, slick distro guys.  It was a really simple install!  I liked
yellow dog because of the familiar redhat core, but at the same time, I
don't like it - because of the redhat core.  I want to get my hands dirty
with debian & learn a new distro.

So, I'd like to have YD & woody sit on the same drive together.  I've
booted multiple distros in the x86 world with lilo plenty of times.
Normally I install lilo to the root (/) partition of the 1st install, and
install it to the MBR from the 2nd install, with a "other" stanz
pointing to the 1st install's root partition.

The PPC world kinda threw me with the bootstrap partition and yaboot.  I'm
not sure what is required, and what the equivalent of what I'm trying to
do above is.  Can any one shed some light on this for me?

Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst
1 College Circle - 124b1 South Hall
SUNY Geneseo