multiple linux installs

Mark T. Valites yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 29 09:46:02 2002

Alright SUNY!!

I have setup as described below:
	two / partitions
	one /home (shared between the two)
	one bootstrap
	one swap

When I installed the secondary distro (debian in this case), I choose not
to make it boot directly off the hard drive, so that it would't crunch the
previosly existing "MBR- equivalent" in the existing bootstrap parition
from yellowdog.  If I edit the yaboot.conf from yellowdog to point to the
debian / parition, how will it know to boot debian?  There's no
"lilo-equiv" installed in that partition...

Do I have to use a kernel from the yellowdog side & pass "root=/dev/xxx"
args to it to get the debian side to boot?