Webcams?

Hugh Caley yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 29 12:18:01 2002

I'm using a Logitech Quickcam Pro 3000.  It works with YDL using the
Philips USB webcam driver (the pwc module) and Video For Linux.  I've
been using it with Openh323 and Gnomemeeting.

It works in lo-res with the driver mentioned; however, there is a driver
with compression available from someone on the web, whose URL escapes
me, that allows full 640-480 resolution.  The driver is called pwcx, and
he has built a linux ppc version that works for me.

It is not compatible with video apps under running in Classic under
MacOSX.  If that is important to you you might want to find a used
Quickcam VC USB camera.

Hugh