Hardware compatiblity: PowerMac 9600 with G3

Robert Brandtjen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 29 08:52:00 2002

On Friday 29 March 2002 04:19 pm, James O'Reilly wrote:
> What is powerlogix and why would I need backside cache enabled?  Is this
> related to any G3 driver problem, or is that really not a problem?
>
> It seems to me that the "Old World" PowerMacs and beige G3 are more
> compatible with YDL than the "New World" iMac and G3 and G4.

See: http://powerlogix.com

the backside cache (512/1MB) must be enabled for the cpu to reach it's full
potential. the processor itself needs no special driver - only the backside
cache does. powerlogix' control panel is quite nifty and "knows" PPC based
Linux.
--
 Robert Brandtjen