Install problems (new 2.2 CD)

Jeremy Warren yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Mar 30 06:00:01 2002

--B_3100345003_65215

Ok I just received my 2.2 CD=B9s yesterday and I was trying to perform the
installation today but seem to be running into an issue. My problem is that
when I try to perform the drive partioning it will either perform a kernel
panic or just die.

I have a quicksilver G4 867mhz, with a NVIDIA gforce 2 card and it has 1gb
of memory and also has the Superdrive.

I have 2 hard drives, one is the master with Mac OS installed and I have a
slave that I was trying to install YDL on (it was ok like this in 2.1).

The 2.1 disks work fine so I boot the machine with them and created the
partitions, I then cancelled the install and re-booted with the 2.2 disks,
same thing it got to the disk partition screen and died. I have tried both
the text and the GUI (the GUI install only loaded once) install with the
same results.

Just to see if it was a problem with the CD I am installing it on my
PowerBook G3 and currently it is copying packages with no problem.

Anyone have ideas, this has me stumped.

Jeremy

--B_3100345003_65215

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Install problems (new 2.2 CD)</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Ok I just received my 2.2 CD&#8217;s yesterday and I w=
as trying to perform the installation today but seem to be running into an i=
ssue. My problem is that when I try to perform the drive partioning it will =
either perform a kernel panic or just die.<BR>
<BR>
I have a quicksilver G4 867mhz, with a NVIDIA gforce 2 card and it has 1gb =
of memory and also has the Superdrive.<BR>
<BR>
I have 2 hard drives, one is the master with Mac OS installed and I have a =
slave that I was trying to install YDL on (it was ok like this in 2.1).<BR>
<BR>
The 2.1 disks work fine so I boot the machine with them and created the par=
titions, I then cancelled the install and re-booted with the 2.2 disks, same=
 thing it got to the disk partition screen and died. I have tried both the t=
ext and the GUI (the GUI install only loaded once) install with the same res=
ults.<BR>
<BR>
Just to see if it was a problem with the CD I am installing it on my PowerB=
ook G3 and currently it is copying packages with no problem.<BR>
<BR>
Anyone have ideas, this has me stumped.<BR>
<BR>
Jeremy</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>