Install problems (new 2.2 CD)

Richard Gray yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Mar 31 13:01:02 2002

--Apple-Mail-1-667953858

Hi,

I have the exact same system that you have specked out below.  I've also=20=

been experiencing the exact same problems that you've been having.  If=20=

you come to some type of resolutions please let me know.  I'll do the=20
same.

Thanks,
Scott Gray
On Saturday, March 30, 2002, at 02:56 PM, Jeremy Warren wrote:

> Ok I just received my 2.2 CD=92s yesterday and I was trying to perform=20=

> the installation today but seem to be running into an issue. My =
problem=20
> is that when I try to perform the drive partioning it will either=20
> perform a kernel panic or just die.
>
> I have a quicksilver G4 867mhz, with a NVIDIA gforce 2 card and it has=20=

> 1gb of memory and also has the Superdrive.
>
> I have 2 hard drives, one is the master with Mac OS installed and I=20
> have a slave that I was trying to install YDL on (it was ok like this=20=

> in 2.1).
>
> The 2.1 disks work fine so I boot the machine with them and created =
the=20
> partitions, I then cancelled the install and re-booted with the 2.2=20
> disks, same thing it got to the disk partition screen and died. I have=20=

> tried both the text and the GUI (the GUI install only loaded once)=20
> install with the same results.
>
> Just to see if it was a problem with the CD I am installing it on my=20=

> PowerBook G3 and currently it is copying packages with no problem.
>
> Anyone have ideas, this has me stumped.
>
> Jeremy

--Apple-Mail-1-667953858

Hi,

I have the exact same system that you have specked out below.  I've
also been experiencing the exact same problems that you've been
having.  If you come to some type of resolutions please let me know.=20
I'll do the same.

Thanks,

Scott Gray

CD=92s yesterday and I was trying to perform the installation today but
seem to be running into an issue. My problem is that when I try to
perform the drive partioning it will either perform a kernel panic or
just die.

I have a quicksilver G4 867mhz, with a NVIDIA gforce 2 card and it has
1gb of memory and also has the Superdrive.

I have 2 hard drives, one is the master with Mac OS installed and I
have a slave that I was trying to install YDL on (it was ok like this
in 2.1).

The 2.1 disks work fine so I boot the machine with them and created
the partitions, I then cancelled the install and re-booted with the
2.2 disks, same thing it got to the disk partition screen and died. I
have tried both the text and the GUI (the GUI install only loaded
once) install with the same results.

Just to see if it was a problem with the CD I am installing it on my
PowerBook G3 and currently it is copying packages with no problem.

Anyone have ideas, this has me stumped.

Jeremy</fontfamily></excerpt>=

--Apple-Mail-1-667953858--