Modem Woes on YDL 2.1

Andy Hocker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Mar 31 18:54:01 2002

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Tyson Tate wrote:

> Yep, using kppp. I just selected /dev/ttyS0 and I am still unable to
> connect. What seems to be the next step to getting a connection? I opened
> the Kppp miniterminal and it was unable to get to the modem, but when i told
> it to reset the modem, it changed to "Modem Ready". Unfortunately, I was
> unable to type anything. Clicking on the help  button crashed me (yet
> again... wheres the fabled stability of linux?).

Couple other things to try:

1) Set modem volume to 0 (slider available from the KPPP Modem tab)
2) Set pre- and post-init delays to > 160 (Modem commands tab)

Andy

Andy Hocker                     office: CDF trailer 168-O
University of Rochester         phone:     (630)-840-8622
Fermilab/CDF - M.S. 318         fax:       (630)-840-2968
PO Box 500                      e:        hocker@fnal.gov
Batavia, IL  60510              hey ho:          let's go