Modem Woes on YDL 2.1

Tyson Tate yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Mar 31 16:08:02 2002

> > I have YDL 2.1 installed on an iBook Dual USB (CD-ROM) and YDL can not
>find
> > my modem. I searched the lists and saw that this seems to be a common
> > problem, but I was unable to find a solution. What's the secret?
> >

>What dialup tool are you using?  I had lots of modem-finding problems
>when I was first starting out with YDL and KPPP was the only thing I could
>get to work.  Your modem device is /dev/ttyS0, in case that's the secret
>you need...

Yep, using kppp. I just selected /dev/ttyS0 and I am still unable to
connect. What seems to be the next step to getting a connection? I opened
the Kppp miniterminal and it was unable to get to the modem, but when i told
it to reset the modem, it changed to "Modem Ready". Unfortunately, I was
unable to type anything. Clicking on the help  button crashed me (yet
again... wheres the fabled stability of linux?).

-Tyson