mac CD and Disk access 2.2

Iain Stevenson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 1 02:37:01 2002

--On Wednesday, May 1, 2002 9:16 am +0100 Belal Ali
<belalali@nortelnetworks.com> wrote:

> How do i read files from my mac partition in YDL 2.2. I have tried to
> mount /dev/hda6 but i keep getting an error message saying that it is not
> in /etc/fdmap  or something like that.

man fstab will help.

The file /etc/fstab contains information about system partitions and any
other partition that you intend to use on a regular basis.  You can still
mount volumes on an ad hoc basis but you may need to explicitlly specify
the file type eg

mount -thfs /dev/hda6 /mnt/somwehere

> Also can i read Mac os CD's from
> the cd drive ? if i can access the mac partition i should be able to read
> mac CD's ?

Depends on the format of the CD - and there are several - you may not be
able to acess all the informatin from every CD.

  Iain