Installing YDL on Quicksilver 733

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 1 07:54:01 2002

Hi Folks,

I've been trying to install YDL 2.2 on my Quicksilver G4 733 and I keep encountering the same error.  I've searched the YD site and others and can't find an answer.  Perhaps someone has had this problem before and can point me in the right direction.

The CD installer will boot with no problem and I can use the "install-gui" option for the install.  Everything proceeds nicely until the package selection.  Once I have chosen the package option and the install begins I get the error.
"error  transaction set failed" or something similair.  I have tried the following:

At the CD boot prompt:  install-gui hdc=ide-scsi
as well as install-gui hdc=ide

I've tried re-downloading the ISO and made a new CD.

Tried the text safe install.

Any ideas????

Cheers,
Andrew