NFS failure at startup.

Martin Spenceley yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 2 04:56:01 2002

I've been trying to setup my iBook to serve NFS filesystems on the
network.

It appears I'm getting the following error messages at boot up.

May  2 00:53:54 linuxbook nfs: Starting NFS services:  succeeded
May  2 00:53:54 linuxbook rpc.rquotad: Cannot register service: RPC:
Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused
May  2 00:53:54 linuxbook rpc.rquotad: rpc.rquotad: unable to register
(RQUOTAPROG, RQUOTAVERS, udp).
May  2 00:53:54 linuxbook nfs: rpc.rquotad startup failed
May  2 00:53:54 linuxbook rpc.mountd: Cannot register service: RPC:
Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused
May  2 00:53:54 linuxbook nfs: rpc.mountd startup failed
May  2 00:58:54 linuxbook rpc.nfsd: nfssvc: Input/output error
May  2 00:58:54 linuxbook nfs: rpc.nfsd startup failed

It appears the rpc service is not running prior to starting NFS but I
cannot find
where the rpc service would get started.

(Why am I doing this, I hear you ask. Well I want to demonstrate a
portable linux server
(on my iBook) serving Windows NT, Mac OS X via my Powerbook! Using all
the various network standards!

Regards,

Martin