Getting files from linux to Mac via MOL

Joe Buczek yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 2 12:02:04 2002

I read various cautions about -writing- data into an HFS+ partition
using hfsplusutils. I tested writing a tiny text file, and the
result was that, somehow, the "Browse the Internet" script that
default installs to the Mac desktop now give me a cryptic error
when I lauch it. Too scary. Disk First Aid didn't complain, but I'm
guessing that my experiment corrupted something. Good thing I
didn't  start out trying to copy a 90Mb audio file. No telling
-what- that would have scrogged!!!

The other reason this approach doesn't work for me is I don't want
to repartion what I have, especially when all I need to do is
transfer a few very large files once in a great while. Low return
on high effort, looks to me.

--Joe