Installing Problems with YDL 2.2 - Fails at reading local package database

Jim Askey yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 2 14:06:00 2002

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help me! I'm trying to install YDL 2.2 on a
PowerMac 7500 with a 3dfx Voodoo 5 PCI and USB PCI card.  I have
installed BootX OK, and loaded into the installer using text mode and
kernel 2.2. The installer runs fine and i'm able to get upto the
beginning of the install of the packages. At that point, after the
installed says 'reading local package database' it comes up with

ERROR
-----------

PLEASE CORRECT MANUALLY

And then quits out of the installer. There is no more description of the
error!! I don't think its the usual not enough HD space one, as the root
partition has over 4 GB spare.  I've also tried the base install
selection to no avail.

The only thing I can think of is the HD partitions, but they look OK,
the mount points seem to be correct, although the partition numbers are

sda4 for boot
sda5 mac hfs partition
sda6 for swap
sda7 for root

I've also tried the partitions as

sda4 mac hfs partition
sda5 for boot
sda6 for swa
sda7 for root

The format of the drive was FWB software as its a non apple drive setup
supported hd. Could this be the problem?

Any ideas?

Jim