Fresh install of YDL 2.2 w/KDE 3?

Rob Brandt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 2 16:20:01 2002

I'm planning out my new YDL 2.2 installation and noticed that:
	KDE 3 is out;
	YDL 2.2 comes with KDE 2.x

I'd like to go directly to KDE3.

Is there a way to choose KDE3 rpms as the window manager during YDL
installation?
Should I just pick a lightweight window manager during YDL
installation and deal with KDE afterwards?
General question about package management: what happens to old files
when a package is updated?  If I install KDE 2.x along with YDL, what
happens to the old version when KDE 3 gets installed? Does the
package manager delete old files that no other files are dependent
on, or do they remain on the file system clogging up my drive?

TIA

Rob